HomeMaritimeLocationGaleryContact us
Home arrow Location arrow Landmarks
Landmarks PDF Print E-mail

| Location | Landmarks | Tourist routes | Beaches | Map |


 The Castle of Ahtopol – it was built from Thracians, Greeks, Roman and later on Bulgarians and Byzantines. It is constructed of big  rocks, spoiled with plaster, mixed with adobe. The rock belts alternate with square bricks and were with 1.95 – 3 m thickness and 7 – 8 m height. In 1971 the castle of Ahtopol is declared as a cultural monument.

The old town – The ancient town of Ahtopol is famous through the decades for his beautiful several floors houses and narrow cobblestones streets. Unfortunately nowadays only one house is left that was survived from the last fire, which the local people esteem as the symbol of the town.

 The Greek School – It was built in the beginning of the 20th century with donations from the “Agatopolis’ sons from America” organization, according to the project of Greeks architects with the assistance of Bulgarian masters during the Greek rule. The building was allocated as a six grades school and meetings. Nowadays it is a cultural monument.

The church God’s Ascension - It is located in the north – east part of the peninsula, near to the coastline. The façade is low, single-span, with 17 x 7 dimensions, built of big stones, plastered with mortar. It was built in 1769 and it is supposed to be done from Joan - an Iconographer from Ahtopol.

The chapel “St. Constantine and Elena” – It is located 2 km southwest of the town. On this place, annually on the 3rd of June (the Saints’ feast), a traditional meeting is taking place.
 
English

Who's Online

We have 1 guest online